Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy, very good. I came up with this from ingredients I had on hand. Everyone might not have the Ginger Paste on hand, but it lasts longer than fresh Ginger and there are so many things you can use it in. Prep time does not include overnight for marinating.
- 2 lbs london broil beef
- 1 teaspoon ginger (paste or fresh grated)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Score meat on the diagonal on one side, and pierce with a fork on the other.
- Put all ingredients for marinade in Large Zip Lock bag.
- Close bag and squeeze to mix ingredients together.
- Add Meat, seal bag and refrigerate over night. I usually check the meat at few times and squish around in the bag to make sure flavors are evenly distributed.
- Grill on High for 5-6 minutes per side (for a good medium rare). You don't want to over cook.
- IMPORTANT: Allow meat to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain in thin slices.
Great combo of flavors. I love the sesame oil in there! Very Asian inspired. I toasted up some sesame seeds and added them- really made it taste great! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I didn't like the vegetable oil in there. Next time I will leave it out- or most of it anyway. And there was so much marinate left over that I will probably cut all the liquids back to about half- that is, I'll take a 1/4 measuring spoon and only fill it half way- since it is not a baking recipe there shouldn't be any problems with it not being exact. But I will make it again. Thanks!