Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From the cookbook that was falling apart. This looked so good I just had to save the recipe to try one day.
- 2 cups fresh cherries, . (if using canned cherries, use a 1 lb can and drain juice)
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cherries in small bowl.
- Pour brandy over them.
- Sit in 2 T sugar.
- Set aside.
- In blender container, place remaining ingredients, except powdered sugar in order listed.
- Blend on high 1 minute, or beat all ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Pour 1/4 of batter into 9" pie pan 2" deep
- Place in 350 oven for about 2 minutes, until batter is set.
- Place cherries on top of batter.
- Add any cherry juice and remaining batter.
- Return to oven.
- Continue to bake for 45 minutes, until a knife inserted in center can be withdrawn clean.
- Sprinkle cake generously with powdered sugar.
- Serve cake warm.