Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 47 mins
From the cookbook that was falling apart. This looked so good I just had to save the recipe to try one day.
- Place cherries in small bowl.
- Pour brandy over them.
- Sit in 2 T sugar.
- Set aside.
- In blender container, place remaining ingredients, except powdered sugar in order listed.
- Blend on high 1 minute, or beat all ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Pour 1/4 of batter into 9" pie pan 2" deep
- Place in 350 oven for about 2 minutes, until batter is set.
- Place cherries on top of batter.
- Add any cherry juice and remaining batter.
- Return to oven.
- Continue to bake for 45 minutes, until a knife inserted in center can be withdrawn clean.
- Sprinkle cake generously with powdered sugar.
- Serve cake warm.
This recipe is a definite keeper! Never fails to please. I agree that beating the batter well is the secret. Haven't tried it with frozen cherries yet.
I agree - too chewy. Not cake or pudding like. It tasted okay, but the texture was a little strange. Way better served warm.
Using juicy cherries and beating the batter well are the secrets to a sublime cake. The recipe is easy and a crowd pleaser