Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is our Americanized version of this famous Peruvian Dish. Chicken can be substituted for beef, but I am partial to the beef. This is one of my all time favorite meals!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced beef (I use sirloin or London Broil)
- 1 grapefruit, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,divided
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 bag frozen steak-cut French fries
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- cooked rice
- Preheat oven and bake French Fries according to package directions.
- Mix grapefruit juice, 1 minced garlic clove and sliced beef.
- Set aside.
- Slice onions and thinly wedge tomatoes.
- Heat a little oil in hot pan and cook meat.
- When meat is cooked and slightly browned, take out and set aside.
- Place a little more oil in pan with garlic and when it starts to sizzle add onions and sauté until tender.
- Add tomatoes, meat, some chopped parsley in with the onions and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve: Put white rice on place, then a layer of cooked French fries and then tomato meat mixture.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley for garnish.
Very, Very Good Meal, makes quite a bit. We used Seasoned Steak fries as they were lower in sodium and we just loved the flavors of this meal. Thank You!!!
Easy to make, although it's still easy to make a mess in preparing it. In any case ... It's fantastic!