This is our Americanized version of this famous Peruvian Dish. Chicken can be substituted for beef, but I am partial to the beef. This is one of my all time favorite meals!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven and bake French Fries according to package directions.
- 2Mix grapefruit juice, 1 minced garlic clove and sliced beef.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Slice onions and thinly wedge tomatoes.
- 5Heat a little oil in hot pan and cook meat.
- 6When meat is cooked and slightly browned, take out and set aside.
- 7Place a little more oil in pan with garlic and when it starts to sizzle add onions and sauté until tender.
- 8Add tomatoes, meat, some chopped parsley in with the onions and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9To serve: Put white rice on place, then a layer of cooked French fries and then tomato meat mixture.
- 10Sprinkle some fresh parsley for garnish.
Nutritional Facts for Lomos Saltados
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 48.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: