1/6 Photos of Lomo Saltado, Peruvian Stir-Fry
1 hr 30 mins
This dish is made of marinated steak, vegetables, & fried potatoes and it is sometimes served over rice. It is one of the most popular recipes in Peru. I am posting it for ZWT 2008. Based on reviews I have cut back on the amount of meat & jalapenos. Thanks for the great feedback...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into strips (or some other tender steak)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 potatoes, peeled & cut into strips
- 1/2-1 teaspoon paprika
- canola oil, for frying
- 1Make a paste by combining the garlic & salt. Whisk together the garlic paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, cumin, & ground black pepper.
- 2Place the steak in one bowl & the onions in another. Divide the marinade between the 2 bowls & let set in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- 3Pour a small amount of oil in a wok & turn on medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the steak with marinade & cook until brown. Add the tomato & simmer for a few minutes.
- 4Add the jalapeño, cilantro, & onions with marinade to the wok, slowly stirring until well blended. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 5As the ingredients are cooking in the wok, sprinkle the potatoes with paprika & fry in a separate pan. Once done add to the other ingredients.
- 6Serve with a dish of white rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lomo Saltado, Peruvian Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.2
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 601.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g