Recipe by Karen in MA
A traditional Peruvian dish (so I am told) I have edited the recipe to include cumin, oregano and parsley on the advice of one reviewer - thank you!
Top Review by perugirl19
This recipe is slightly lacking, but the previous review says it all. The dish is very traditional and easy to make, except that one would normally add french/steak fries and additional parsley and cilantro to taste.
- 1 lb beef sirloin or 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 large hot pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cut meat in a bowl or dish, and season it with salt, pepper, a little bit of olive oil, lime juice, and chopped garlic. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Sauté meat over high heat for a few minutes until meat is no longer pink.
- Lower temperature to medium and add onion.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute and then stir in the tomatoes, cumin, peppers and onions; cook until the onions are tender.
- Add red wine, cilantro, and parsley .
- Cook for one more minute.
- Serve with white rice and steak fries.