Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Credit for this recipe goes to Nolallan at Epicurious. For those of us who love the Hawaiian Islands or are Hawaiian or Hawaiian at heart, this appetizer is a wonderful taste of the islands, sure to bring back that ecclectic polynesian taste only found on our beautiful Hawaiian Islands!
- 907.18 g salmon fillets, fresh, no skin
- 473.18 ml sea salt
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Make sure you use the freshest salmon you can get, preferably, it jumped right into your kitchen from the ocean.
- Place salmon in glass dish, cover completely with salt( you may not need all two cups)and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain salmon in the morning and pat dry - do not rinse.
- Dice salmon and place in favorite serving bowl.
- Chop tomato, green onions, placing on salmon.
- Sqeeze juice from half of the lime, removing seeds.
- Cover salmon mixture; placing freshly chopped cilantro on top. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with avacado slices.
- Note: prep time does not include the overnight salting process.
Added to this recipe a 1 hour curing of the salmon in fresh lime juice. The salmon was super-salty after removing from the salt so I rinsed it in H20 then let it soak in fresh-squeezed lime juice for an hour before patting dry. It was a hit! Thanks for posting this!
My 5 year old daughter discovered Lomi Lomi on our recent trip to Kauai and loved it! She thought this was a good representation that we could make at home. Everyone who tried it loved this recipe.