1/1 Photo of Lomi Lomi Salmon
Credit for this recipe goes to Nolallan at Epicurious. For those of us who love the Hawaiian Islands or are Hawaiian or Hawaiian at heart, this appetizer is a wonderful taste of the islands, sure to bring back that ecclectic polynesian taste only found on our beautiful Hawaiian Islands!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure you use the freshest salmon you can get, preferably, it jumped right into your kitchen from the ocean.
- 2Place salmon in glass dish, cover completely with salt( you may not need all two cups)and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Drain salmon in the morning and pat dry - do not rinse.
- 4Dice salmon and place in favorite serving bowl.
- 5Chop tomato, green onions, placing on salmon.
- 6Sqeeze juice from half of the lime, removing seeds.
- 7Cover salmon mixture; placing freshly chopped cilantro on top. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- 8Serve with avacado slices.
- 9Note: prep time does not include the overnight salting process.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lomi Lomi Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 37330.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 32.4 g