Credit for this recipe goes to Nolallan at Epicurious. For those of us who love the Hawaiian Islands or are Hawaiian or Hawaiian at heart, this appetizer is a wonderful taste of the islands, sure to bring back that ecclectic polynesian taste only found on our beautiful Hawaiian Islands!
- Make sure you use the freshest salmon you can get, preferably, it jumped right into your kitchen from the ocean.
- Place salmon in glass dish, cover completely with salt( you may not need all two cups)and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain salmon in the morning and pat dry - do not rinse.
- Dice salmon and place in favorite serving bowl.
- Chop tomato, green onions, placing on salmon.
- Sqeeze juice from half of the lime, removing seeds.
- Cover salmon mixture; placing freshly chopped cilantro on top. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with avacado slices.
- Note: prep time does not include the overnight salting process.