1/1 Photo of Lombo Di Maiale Coi Porri (Pan-Roasted Pork Loin With Leeks)
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
This easy pan roast is served with a supple sauce. Leeks, a mild, sweet member of the onion family, are cooked slowly along with the pork until they're very tender. This recipe earned its status as a favorite because the time-honored Italian technique and straightforward flavor are so reliable. --From Cooking Light,Recipe by Giuliano Hazan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove roots and tough upper leaves from leeks and cut each leek in half lengthwise.
- 2Cut each half crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices (you should have about 6 cups), soak in cold water to loosen dirt.
- 3Combine leeks, 1/2 cup water, 1 teaspoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large Dutch oven or deep sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Cook for 10 minutes or until leek wilts, pour the leek mixture into a bowl.
- 5Heat remaining 2 teaspoons butter in pan over medium-high heat.
- 6Add pork to pan.
- 7Cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- 8Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and wine to pan; cook 15 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 9Return leek mixture to pan.
- 10Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours or until pork is tender.
- 11Remove pork from pan and increase heat to reduce leek sauce if too watery.
- 12Cut pork into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 13Serve with leek mixture.
- 14Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- 15*6 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces pork and about 2 1/2 tablespoons leek mixture).
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lombo Di Maiale Coi Porri (Pan-Roasted Pork Loin With Leeks)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 299.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 30.7 g