Recipe by Chef PotPie
This is the greatest whiskey sour I've ever had! Try it!
Top Review by bloodhound
Way too sweet for my hubby and me. Tried it without cherry juice and it got a little better. But still Sweet. Ended up Adding more Lemon juice. Still Found best and easiest whiskey sour recipe that is 40 Years old-put in blender: 1 can frozen undiluted lemonade, fill the empty can with 1 can water, then fill Can again with 1 can KY bourbon. Blend until dissolved. Pour over ice and add cherry. Easy and delicious.
- 3 ounces whiskey (we like Kentucky bourbon)
SOUR MIX (use 8 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, MUST be fresh
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice and sugar.
- Add water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 4 teaspoons cherry juice from the jar.
- Pour one jigger, (1 1/2 ounce) whiskey to each of two ice filled glasses.
- Fill both glasses with the sour mixture.
- Top with cherries.