Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the greatest whiskey sour I've ever had! Try it!
- 3 ounces whiskey (we like Kentucky bourbon)
SOUR MIX (use 8 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, MUST be fresh
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- Combine lemon juice and sugar.
- Add water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 4 teaspoons cherry juice from the jar.
- Pour one jigger, (1 1/2 ounce) whiskey to each of two ice filled glasses.
- Fill both glasses with the sour mixture.
- Top with cherries.
It's a great drink but I'll have to change a few ingredients next time. DH found it too sweet. So maybe I would use less marashino cherry juice. But I liked it. It was very refreshing. Thanks Chef PotPie :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
Way too sweet for my hubby and me. Tried it without cherry juice and it got a little better. But still Sweet. Ended up Adding more Lemon juice. Still Found best and easiest whiskey sour recipe that is 40 Years old-put in blender: 1 can frozen undiluted lemonade, fill the empty can with 1 can water, then fill Can again with 1 can KY bourbon. Blend until dissolved. Pour over ice and add cherry. Easy and delicious.
Mmmmmmmmm this is fabulous! Also a little dangerous because it is so easy to drink I will be tipsy very quick LOL I love the hint of cherry. This is definitely the best whiskey sour I've made. Thanks for sharing!