Recipe by Lalaloob
A gingery pepper sauce sweetened with brown sugar and Madeira wine, this is delicious served over rice.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 12 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peeled and minced ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup peeled and minced fresh horseradish
- 2 cups peeled and finely chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, shelled
- 2 lbs monk fish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- chopped parsley (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the olive oil, scallions, ginger, garlic, and horseradish in a large skillet and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, soy sauce, sugar, and hot red pepper flakes. Sauté for 10 minutes more.
- Add the shrimp and fish and simmer until just done, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley.