Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple, quick, and delicious potato salad. A bit different fare.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated lemon peel, loose packed
- 2 celery ribs, diced small, patted dry
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chiffonade
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chiffonade
- 2 1⁄4 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled, cooked, diced into 1/2-inch cubes, room temp
- white pepper
- Reserve a small portion of each herb for garnish.
- Whisk oil, juice and lemon peel into large mixing bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer dressing into squeeze bottle; reserve a small amount in the bottom of the bowl.
- In small mixing bowl add remaining dry ingredients (except potatoes and reserved herbs). Hand toss.
- Working in 4 equal batches, gradually add potatoes; spritz with a small amount of dressing, add a healthy pinch of herb mixture and toss lightly.
- When all potatoes are incorporated, move to serving bowl.
- Garnish with remaining herbs. Serve at room temperature.