Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
The riper the peaches, the more delicious.
- 6 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 10 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped fine
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Blend together(in a blender) the eggs and sugar until emulsified completely. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Blend together the peaches with some of the cream to make enough liquid to blend it smoothly. Add to the egg/sugar mixture.
- Add the rest of the cream to the other ingredients along with the vanilla and the salt and mix them all together well.
- Put into ice cream maker and freeze (if you are using a standard one quart mixture this will make two batches.) It will keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place in container and put into freezer to harden (cover the surface of the ice cream with saran wrap to keep it from being exposed to the air-it will be much better that way).