Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Perfect Be-Prepared-For-A-Crowd Breakfast. Easy, Yum.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Karo syrup
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 loaf challah or 1 loaf French bread
- In a saucepan, melt together, butter, brown sugar, Karo syrup. Pour mixture into a 9-by-12 inch Pyrex dish that has been greased with butter.
- Lay French bread slices 1 inch thick in dish.
- Mix eggs and milk. Pour mixture over the bread. Top with cinnamon. Soak overnight.
- In morning bake at 340 degrees for 45 min to 1 hour.
This is a good basic recipe for make-ahead French toast - sweet enough to go without syrup. I used some leftover raisin buns that were drying out. I set the pan up to soak before leaving for church and put it in the oven when we got home a few hours later. Thanks for posting!