Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy, delicious, freezable. What could be better. Comfort food.
- 3 lbs pot roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb egg noodles
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Brown in hot oil in Dutch oven.
- Blend tomato sauce, water, juice, soup mix, raisins and pepper.
- Add to meat.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 3 hours.
- Serve on a bed of egg noodles.