- 6 cod steaks, each 3/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT the broiler.
- SPRINKLE the cod steaks with the salt and pepper and place them on a buttered baking sheet with a 1-inch rim.
- PLACE the fennel and butter in the bowl of a food processor.
- PROCESS with the metal blade until smooth.
- SPREAD the fennel butter evenly over the six steaks.
- POUR the wine around them.
- BROIL for 12 minutes. The fish should be cooked through, moist and flaky without turning it.
- SERVE with the pan juices.