Recipe by MrsNestleroad
These are good for adding to nametags on gifts, or for favors at a child's birthday party. Possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 5 -6 drops peppermint oil
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan and stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Start to cook over low heat and stir constantly until the sugar mixture begins to boil.
- Continue to boil and DO NOT STIR until the mixture registers 310 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and swiftly wipe the crystals from the sides of the pan with a damp cloth.
- Stir in the 5-6 drops peppermint oil and the 2-3 drops of red food coloring.
- Drop the mixture onto a greased baking sheet in tablespoon sized drops.
- Before the candy becomes set, insert a lollypop stick into each round.
- Use a metal spatula to loosen lollypops from surface.
- Wrap to give as presents or store in an airtight container.