Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an ancient family recipe. It was handed down 4 generations from my mom's side of the family. Enjoy!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- any desired flavoring
- any desired food coloring
- Combine sugar and cream of tartar with water.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Boil mixture until it reaches 290°.
- Add the amount of flavoring and the amount of coloring you wish.
- Test by dropping a small amount of the candy into cold water.
- If it forms immediately then it is ready.
- Remove from heat and pour into greased molds.
- When it is partially cooled, add wooden sticks to the center.
- Let cool off completely.
This looks good. My grandkids will love me. thanks. :>))
these tasted great but i wasnt happy with the final outcome. way to sticky to put in the wrappers, is that normal? the ones i didnt wrap dripped a bit over night in the kitchen. any thoughts?
My childrens luv these. I buy concentrated flavors at a local cooking store and watermelon is the all time favorite. I even heard a better than store bought out of won of them!! Thanks for sharing.