- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- any desired flavoring
- any desired food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and cream of tartar with water.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Boil mixture until it reaches 290°.
- Add the amount of flavoring and the amount of coloring you wish.
- Test by dropping a small amount of the candy into cold water.
- If it forms immediately then it is ready.
- Remove from heat and pour into greased molds.
- When it is partially cooled, add wooden sticks to the center.
- Let cool off completely.