Recipe by Jessa M
The cutest, tastiest cookies ever. They would be PERFECT for any holiday, bouqet, child's birthday party, or anything else wanted.
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 36 flat popsicle sticks
- miniature baking chips, colorful sprinkles, raisins, red hots, colored sugar, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and 1 cup shortening in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the eggs, syrup, and vanilla mixing until well blended and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add gradually to the creamed mixture in step one at low speed until well blended. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Do not grease.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Push the popsicle stick into the center of each ball. Place balls 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. (If you wanted the ball to be completely coated in sugar or sprinkles roll it in them before setting on baking sheet. Flatten the dough balls to 1/2 inch thickness with the bottom of a greased and floured glass or with the palm of your hand. Decorate as desired (press any decorations into the dough slightly).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and remove the cookies to a cool surface.
- *Cookies can also be painted before baking. Mix 1 egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoons water. Divide into 3 small cups. Add 2-3 drops of food coloring to each. Use a clean brush to pain the cookies. (The paint with separate as the cookie spreads in the oven giving a piecey, stained-glass look.