Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Your kids will love this almost as much as the adults in the house. Experiment with different chips to find your favorite flavor. Have used just about every kind with success. Use as a main dish or appetizer.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Crush potato chips onto a plate. In a large bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Dip the chicken cubes into the egg mixture, then coat well with potato chips. Spread the nuggets onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn nuggets over, and bake for 10 minutes more, until golden brown. Remove baking sheet from oven, and insert a lollipop stick into each nugget.
This is great! I really enjoyed the change of pace with the "breading" for these nuggets. I used Lays White Cheddar flavour potato chips and pre-marinated the nuggets in my personal marinade before dipping and coating. These did not turn out crunchy (as I thought they would be) but I thoroughly enjoyed them and can't wait to have them again. I also didn't bother to skewer them and just ate as chicken nuggets alongside macaroni and cheese.
Yum! We really liked this for dinner tonight. I couldn't find any lollipop sticks so we just ate them as chicken nuggets. I used low fat BBQ kettle cooked chips and only needed 1 cup. We will make this again! I like how versatile this recipe is. Made for PRMR. Thanks for another great recipe seesko! :)
What a sweet little recipe! This was incredibley quick to throw together,and tasted good too.I used plain crisps,as that was all I had,but I can already envisage the fun that we're going to have with this.The children thought it was hilarious when I told them that their chicken had crisps on it,and it probably made them eat that little bit more of it,because of that. I decided not to bother with the sticks,(although the novelty factor is very cute),as my two are quite likely to try and spear each other across the table,probably injuring themselves in the process,and mealtimes are quite messy enough as it is!! I loved this Seesko,so did the monsters...we'll be doing this again.Made for PRMR.