Recipe by Sharon123
A vegetarian main or side dish from Columbia, South America. You can serve with warm tortillas, or, if you like, serve with tortilla chips.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, reserve broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small cabbage, chopped (about 4-6 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- tortilla, to serve alongside (soft or use chips if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, saute onion in butter until lightly brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, and bean broth to equal about 1 cup, adding water to the broth if needed.
- Cook until cabbage is tender, about 5 more minutes. Add the chili sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tortillas.