Recipe by 1TexasLizard
Super simple and hearty. Smells wonderful while cooking and freezes beautifully.
Top Review by jan007
Loved the idea of tomatoes, basil and wine. Put in 8 whole small onions, added a couple cloves garlic, seared the roast and put all in crockpot and forgot about it until dinner time. I did not delute the mushroom soup.
- 3 lbs chuck roast or 3 lbs seven-bone roast, cut into pieces
- 8 onions, quartered
- 8 -10 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 -3 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, diluted
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 tablespoons uncooked tapioca (yes, 8 tablespoons!)
- 1 cup sherry wine or 1 cup red wine