Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 10 mins
Horchata has always been a favorite of my daughter since she was a little girl. This easy version is from Allrecipes.com. Hopefully Lola does not mind me posting it here.I like mine with less cinnamon, so you might start off with a tsp. cinnamon and see if it is enough.
- 236.59 ml uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1182.95 ml water
- 118.29 ml milk
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 158.51 ml white sugar
- Pour the rice and water into the bowl of a blender; blend until the rice just begins to break up, about 1 minute.
- Let rice and water stand at room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Strain the rice water into a pitcher and discard the rice.
- Stir the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar into the rice water.
- Chill and stir before serving over ice.
Great recipe, and if you are in a pinch for time of just lazy you can use ricedream rice milk instead of making your own.
Ooh, I like this stuff! I made a batch of this for DH, but ended up stealing half of it for me. I liked that it was so easy to make (a little time consuming because of the standing time for the rice water, but super-easy because the hands-on work is next to nothing). We'll definitely be enjoying this one again. Thanks for posting!
I looooove this recipe. It is easy and fun to make. Thanks!