Recipe by cookiedog
Horchata has always been a favorite of my daughter since she was a little girl. This easy version is from Allrecipes.com. Hopefully Lola does not mind me posting it here.I like mine with less cinnamon, so you might start off with a tsp. cinnamon and see if it is enough.
- 236.59 ml uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1182.95 ml water
- 118.29 ml milk
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 158.51 ml white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the rice and water into the bowl of a blender; blend until the rice just begins to break up, about 1 minute.
- Let rice and water stand at room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Strain the rice water into a pitcher and discard the rice.
- Stir the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar into the rice water.
- Chill and stir before serving over ice.