Recipe by cookiedog
Horchata has always been a favorite of my daughter since she was a little girl. This easy version is from Allrecipes.com. Hopefully Lola does not mind me posting it here.I like mine with less cinnamon, so you might start off with a tsp. cinnamon and see if it is enough.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the rice and water into the bowl of a blender; blend until the rice just begins to break up, about 1 minute.
- Let rice and water stand at room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Strain the rice water into a pitcher and discard the rice.
- Stir the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar into the rice water.
- Chill and stir before serving over ice.