Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 10 mins
Horchata has always been a favorite of my daughter since she was a little girl. This easy version is from Allrecipes.com. Hopefully Lola does not mind me posting it here.I like mine with less cinnamon, so you might start off with a tsp. cinnamon and see if it is enough.
- Pour the rice and water into the bowl of a blender; blend until the rice just begins to break up, about 1 minute.
- Let rice and water stand at room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Strain the rice water into a pitcher and discard the rice.
- Stir the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar into the rice water.
- Chill and stir before serving over ice.
Great recipe, and if you are in a pinch for time of just lazy you can use ricedream rice milk instead of making your own.
I looooove this recipe. It is easy and fun to make. Thanks!
Once again, Recipezaar comes to the rescue. My daughter needed a traditional recipe with a "history" for her Spanish class. I'm not sure what the history of Horchata is, but I was glad to find this easy recipe that was delicious! My rice didn't "break up" much in the blender after one minute, but the rice water was a cloudy color with a sediment at the bottom, so I guess I did that right. In any case, we enjoyed this and I'm sure it will be a big hit tomorrow! Thank you for sharing!