Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies have that little extra something in them. It has always been a family favourite, and perfect for those days when you just find yourself craving a peanut butter cookie.
- 1. Measure raisins into a little bowl and add just enough boiling water to cover and let stand (keeps them from drying out).
- 2. Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add peanut butter. Remove liquid from raisins and add them too and continue to mix.
- 3. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- 4. Slowly add to creamed mixture.
- 5. Drop by tsp and press with fork both ways.
- 6. Bake at 375' for 8 - 10 minutes.
Yum! I made these gluten free and used whole millet flour for the whole wheat, using 1 tablespoon less than 1/4 cup so it didn't become dry. For the shortening I used non-hydrogenated margarine. I make small cookies, so I got 48 out of this. Love them, they're really yummy :)<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014