Recipe by BJ from BC
These cookies have that little extra something in them. It has always been a family favourite, and perfect for those days when you just find yourself craving a peanut butter cookie.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Yum! I made these gluten free and used whole millet flour for the whole wheat, using 1 tablespoon less than 1/4 cup so it didn't become dry. For the shortening I used non-hydrogenated margarine. I make small cookies, so I got 48 out of this. Love them, they're really yummy :)<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or more is good too)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Measure raisins into a little bowl and add just enough boiling water to cover and let stand (keeps them from drying out).
- 2. Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add peanut butter. Remove liquid from raisins and add them too and continue to mix.
- 3. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- 4. Slowly add to creamed mixture.
- 5. Drop by tsp and press with fork both ways.
- 6. Bake at 375' for 8 - 10 minutes.