Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A recipe my nephew makes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 8 lbs pork ribs, smoked
- Heat olive oil in saucepan. Add garlic and saute until golden.
- Remove from heat and let garlic cool in oil.
- Whisk in ketchup, honey, vinegar and coffee.
- Simmer gently 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Remove from heat.
- Smoke ribs 8 hours per rack, or place in crockpot.
- Coat ribs with sauce and heat through til sticky.
I am only rating the sauce for this recipe as there are not real guidelines for the smoked ribs which can vary quite a lot. We didn't care for the sauce because it was so overpowering with vinegar and really didn't have much flavor other than that. Not sure what I would do to improve it. I did cook it for about 45 minutes to thicken it up and let all the flavors blend but it just didn't work for us. It did get sticky after about 45 minutes at 400 degrees, I originally cooked the rib at 300 degrees with a garlic power, season salt and paprika rub for 2 hours with about 2 inches of water at the bottom of the pan and the ribs on a rack. Thanks for sharing. Make for My 3 Chefs 2013