Recipe by Katie Lauren
Logan's Roadhouse "Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie". The best selling dessert at Logan's! I am an employee and this recipe is authentic. It costs about $6 for a slice of this ice cream pie, but it'll cost about the same to make a whole pie! I've seen a lady come in and buy a pie for $30. This recipe is very, very simple and is a great dessert for holidays, parties, etc. It tastes great with Hershey's chocolate syrup drizzled all over it and that's exactly how we serve it at Logan's. ENJOY!!
Top Review by CASunshine
They don't sell Blue Bunny Ice Cream in my part of California but I found Moose Tracks (Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces and a fudge ribbon), which is similar. This is so simple to make I even made my own crust. All I can say is "Yummy!"
- 1 (1 gallon) container chocolate ice cream
- 1 (1 gallon) containerblue bunny Bunny Tracks ice cream (Reeses ice cream, Snickers ice cream, etc. for a "Reeses" Or "Snickers" ice cream pie)
- 1 Oreo cookie pie crust
- wax paper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop 2/3 tub of chocolate ice cream into Oreo pie crust.
- Place a piece of wax paper over pie (covering the whole pie) and pat down the ice cream until it is flat and filling the whole crust.
- Next, scoop half to 2/3 tub of "Bunny Tracks" ice cream onto the top of the chocolate ice cream.
- Again, place a sheet of wax paper over pie and pat down the "Bunny Tracks" ice cream until it is a smooth layer.
- Keep the pie covered with a sheet of wax paper and freeze until ice cream is hard.
- Freezing can take hours. I suggest making this pie at least 10-24 hours pior to serving, just to be sure it is ready when you are!