Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Logan's Roadhouse "Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie". The best selling dessert at Logan's! I am an employee and this recipe is authentic. It costs about $6 for a slice of this ice cream pie, but it'll cost about the same to make a whole pie! I've seen a lady come in and buy a pie for $30. This recipe is very, very simple and is a great dessert for holidays, parties, etc. It tastes great with Hershey's chocolate syrup drizzled all over it and that's exactly how we serve it at Logan's. ENJOY!!
- 1 (1 gallon) container chocolate ice cream
- 1 (1 gallon) containerblue bunny Bunny Tracks ice cream (Reeses ice cream, Snickers ice cream, etc. for a "Reeses" Or "Snickers" ice cream pie)
- 1 Oreo cookie pie crust
- wax paper
- Scoop 2/3 tub of chocolate ice cream into Oreo pie crust.
- Place a piece of wax paper over pie (covering the whole pie) and pat down the ice cream until it is flat and filling the whole crust.
- Next, scoop half to 2/3 tub of "Bunny Tracks" ice cream onto the top of the chocolate ice cream.
- Again, place a sheet of wax paper over pie and pat down the "Bunny Tracks" ice cream until it is a smooth layer.
- Keep the pie covered with a sheet of wax paper and freeze until ice cream is hard.
- Freezing can take hours. I suggest making this pie at least 10-24 hours pior to serving, just to be sure it is ready when you are!
They don't sell Blue Bunny Ice Cream in my part of California but I found Moose Tracks (Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces and a fudge ribbon), which is similar. This is so simple to make I even made my own crust. All I can say is "Yummy!"