This roll recipe is from the Logan's Roadhouse Restaurant and are VERY YUMMY!!
Make and share this Logan's Roadhouse Buttery Dinner Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Place 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add yeast, salt, sugar and dry milk.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water and egg and stir to blend.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour water mixture into well.
- Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes and frequently scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add 1/2 the melted butter and beat to incorporate.
- Add remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each addition.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Set dough in a warm, draft-free place such as oven with pan of hottest tap water on rack below.
- Allow batter to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Coat cups, bottoms and sides of a 12-cup muffin pan (or two small round pans) with butter-flavored vegetable shortening.
- Punch down batter (batter will be extremely soft and sticky).
- Drop by hand or spoonful into prepared muffin pan cups to make 12 rolls (if in pan, each roll touching the next).
- Brush dough with 1/2 remaining melted butter.
- Let rise, uncovered, in warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- In preheated 400-degree oven, bake rolls on middle rack 16-18 minutes.
- Brush tops of cooked rolls with remaining melted butter.
- Serve immediately.