Recipe by Dee
This was a recipe my mother used to make when I was little. Is a great alternative to cakes made with flour.
Top Review by Nyteglori
I was not sure about how fine the graham crackers were suppose to be and since I didnt get an answer from the chef I finely ground them. Perhaps I should have coarsely ground them or just crumbled them because this made a very heavy dense cake. The taste was fine but I didnt care for the texture. Oh the topping was great.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham crackers
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients in a bowl and then pour into an 8"x8" greased pan.
- Bake at 350 until done.
- Heat all ingrdients in a saucepan until all the sugar is melted.
- spread on cake when done and place under broiler while watching closely.
- About 2 minutes.