Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this copycat recipe for Lofthouse Sugar Cookies online somewhere. Not sure how much it makes, and I haven't tried it yet, but I will be soon!
- 1 (19 ounce) packagepillsbury French vanilla cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (Crisco)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Blend, cake mix, eggs, and oil until moistened. Roll into 1" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a glass or cookie stamp.
- Bake at 375F for 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool 1 minute before removing to cooling rack.
- While the cookies are still a little warm, spread on some buttercream frosting. Allow the frosting to set up before storing.
I'm thinking the problem with this recipe is that they should be a WHITE cake mix, rather than vanilla or yellow cake mix to start with. Will try and let you know!
These were excellent Will be making these again thanks
I work at an assisted living for the elderly and we have a number of diabetics. Pillsbury now has a sugar-free yellow cake mix and frosting with Splenda as the sweetener. I made these cookies for them and they loved them. So did the employees. I made them very large so my batch only made 12. Next time I will make them smaller, but for today it was a special St. Patrick's Day treat and they felt special too.