Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and shortening until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes.
- Color with food coloring if desired.
I substituted evaporated milk in this frosting and found it tasted more like the 'Lofthouse' cookie icing. It was good, thanks!
Good--I did 3 1/2 c powdered sugar instead of 4, and 4 instead of 5 Tbsp milk, and I thought it turned out very good. I think evaporated milk might have been even better--I plan to try that next time.
Way too sweet. If I made it again I would definately cut back on some of the sugar. I will say tho that it held color very nicely and set very well on the cookies.