Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Och aye, lassie, they're monsters! And the taste? - Well, it's just amazing, Grace!
- 1 lb large raw shrimp (6-8 count)
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Fire up the outdoor grill- it will need to be hotter than a Chinese firecracker on the 4th of July!
- Remove the scales and de-vein the monsters, leaving shell on their tail sections.
- Butterfly the monsters from top.
- Marinate the monsters in a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and the juice from one lemon for no more than 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Do not over-marinate, or the monsters will toughen.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and blend with the juice from the second lemon.
- Remove the monsters from marinade and place on the HOT grill.
- If grill is not very hot, the monsters will stick (use foil if the grill will not sufficiently heat up).
- Baste with butter/lemon juice mix.
- Turn monsters once and baste again.
- The monsters are done when they have lost translucence.
- Serve bagpiping hot.