Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Asian flavored barbecued chicken. Serve with rice and macaroni salad and you have a great Polynesian meal! My friend Gladys shared this recipe with me. This recipe makes a lot of marinade, I was able to do 5 lbs. of chicken thighs and felt like I still had a lot of marinade leftover. I would probably halve the recipe next time for 2 to 3 lbs of chicken.
- 4 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 -3 lbs chicken parts
- Mix together all ingredients except chicken.
- Stir in marinade until sugar is dissolved. Add chicken to marinade and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Flip chicken around ever so often while marinating.
- Barbecue on grill or bake in the oven at 375 for 45 to an hour depending on how big the chicken parts are.
- Turn half way through cooking.
- * I made this in the oven and put it the oven on "convection roast" for about 45 minutes.