Recipe by YummySmellsca
A lemony, fresh "pesto" of sorts coats these rich bites of goat cheese and lobster pasta. If you're cooking for two, simply freeze the remaining tortellini until you need them - they'll keep in a Ziploc bag up to 1 month - and you can either refrigerate the sauce in a covered container for up to a week or freeze it up to 1 month. Yields 11 pieces per serving.
- 2⁄3 cup packed fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup packed fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 cup cooked diced lobster meat (1 8-oz tail)
- 44 square wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, puree the spinach, thyme, garlic, lemon zest and juice, wine, oil, sea salt and black pepper until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, mix together cheese, milk, pepper and thyme until very soft, then fold in the lobster until well blended. Set aside.
- Lay out a row of wonton wrappers on a lightly floured surface and brush with beaten egg.
- Place 1 tsp of lobster filling in the centre of each wrapper.
- Take one corner of a wrapper and pull it over to the opposite corner, pressing down on all sides to seal the edges into a triangle.
- Curl the triangle and tuck the two bottom corners into each other, pinching them together with a dot of water.
- Place finished pasta on a wax-paper lined sheet.
- When all the pasta is filled and shaped, place the baking sheet in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add tortellini and cook 4 minutes.
- Reserving 1/2 cup cooking water, drain pasta and return to pot placed over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the spinach mixture and enough reserved pasta water to lightly coat the tortellini.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs if desired.