2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
A lemony, fresh "pesto" of sorts coats these rich bites of goat cheese and lobster pasta. If you're cooking for two, simply freeze the remaining tortellini until you need them - they'll keep in a Ziploc bag up to 1 month - and you can either refrigerate the sauce in a covered container for up to a week or freeze it up to 1 month. Yields 11 pieces per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup packed fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/3 cup packed fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1/2 cup cooked diced lobster meat (1 8-oz tail)
- 44 square wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 1In a food processor, puree the spinach, thyme, garlic, lemon zest and juice, wine, oil, sea salt and black pepper until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2In a bowl, mix together cheese, milk, pepper and thyme until very soft, then fold in the lobster until well blended. Set aside.
- 3Lay out a row of wonton wrappers on a lightly floured surface and brush with beaten egg.
- 4Place 1 tsp of lobster filling in the centre of each wrapper.
- 5Take one corner of a wrapper and pull it over to the opposite corner, pressing down on all sides to seal the edges into a triangle.
- 6Curl the triangle and tuck the two bottom corners into each other, pinching them together with a dot of water.
- 7Place finished pasta on a wax-paper lined sheet.
- 8When all the pasta is filled and shaped, place the baking sheet in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- 9Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 10Add tortellini and cook 4 minutes.
- 11Reserving 1/2 cup cooking water, drain pasta and return to pot placed over medium-low heat.
- 12Stir in the spinach mixture and enough reserved pasta water to lightly coat the tortellini.
- 13Serve immediately, garnished with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Tortellini With Spinach - Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.2
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 751.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: