Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Or did I mean "thermometer"? Oh well, I knew it was therm-something! The heck with it - call it whatever you like, it's helluva good.
- 2 (1/2 lb) lobster tail
- 2 fluid ounces chicken broth
- 2 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup mild shredded cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thaw the lobster tails, remove the meat from the shells and cut into 1-inch medallions.
- Steam the lobster until almost done.
- Then mix with cheese and chives and place in a 16-ounce casserole dish.
- Heat the chicken stock and cream in a small pot over medium heat.
- Make a roux with melted butter and flour.
- Add to the chicken stock and cream while stirring constantly.
- Cook until the sauce is thick and creamy, add wine and white pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the lobster and then bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until the lobster if fully cooked and cheese is melted.
I came across this wonderful recipe, I added asparagus tips and next time I will use three lobsters. Thanks for this gem.
There's not really much to say that others haven't already said! This was very tasty, and hubby is already planning for the next time I make it! My only (small) issues is that the sauce never got as thick as I like and the wine was a little bit too overpowering for me. As far as the wine goes, hubby didn't mind it at all, so maybe I just had a heavy hand, or should use a different white wine. For the sauce, I just don't think I cooked it long enough. But I will definitely cook this again!
This is definitely getting 5 stars. It was absolutely delicious. I was lucky lobster tails were actually on sale this week...yippee..So I made this dish for my DD and myself. I made this dish for the two of us for under half of what this would of cost in the restaurant for just one person. We both just loved it tremendously. Her first time trying lobster anything and she surprised me by eating all of it. I had just made some buttered noodles and layered the lobster on top. The sauce was so good. I was quite surprised at how quick this all came together. I can see this dish being a great one for when company is around. I forgot to take the pic of it in it's actual dish, it looked fantastic. These pics don't give it the due justice. Thanks so much for this recipe Mille. It was well enjoyed.