Recipe by Shannon Fernekes
I found this recipe while trying to cook a romantic dinner for me and my husband. It goes well with candlelight and a bottle of white wine.
- 4 frozen lobster tails (about 2 lbs.)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup salt (for simmering lobster)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine (or other white wine)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer lobster tails in 2 quarts water with 1/4 cup salt for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the soft shell covering from the underside of the tails.
- Scoop out all of the meat from the tails (remove dark vein if any).
- DO NOT discard tail shell.
- Cut meat into 1" pieces.
- Melt butter in top of a double- boiler.
- Add mushrooms and saute' until soft.
- Add lobster pieces, salt, pepper and wine.
- Cook over direct heat until wine is absorbed.
- Place over boiling water.
- Combine cream and yolks.
- Add to lobster mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Scoop lobster mixture into tail shells.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil for about 5 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.