Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
This stunning lobster dish is surprisingly simple to make. Lobster shells are stuffed with cooked lobster in a creamy white wine sauce, then topped with Parmesan cheese and broiled until golden. This is filed for a future celebration.
- 1 medium cooked lobster
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄8 cups fresh fish stock
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup double cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot English mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the lobster in half lengthwise, and remove the meat from the claws and tail.
- Leave to one side.
- Remove any meat from the head and set aside.
- Cut the meat up into pieces and place back into the shell.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallot; cook and stir until tender.
- Mix in the fish stock, white wine and double cream.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half.
- Mix in the mustard, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Place the lobster halves on a broiling pan or baking sheet, and spoon the sauce over the lobster meat in the shell.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, just until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.