Recipe by The Flying Chef
Succulent lobster meat stuffed back in the shell with a rich creamy cheesy sauce. Yum Yum.
- 2 large lobster tails or 2 whole lobsters
- 1 lemon, chopped into quarters
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 sprig fresh thyme
- 30 g butter
- 22.18 ml of finely chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 59.14 ml sherry wine
- 1.23 ml fish stock
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2.46 ml chicken stock
- 59.16 ml double cream
- 29.58 ml half-and-half (half fat cream)
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 7.39 ml cornflour
- 118.29 ml gruyere cheese
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml of finely chopped tarragon
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 1.23 ml cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- To cook lobsters.
- Fill a pot with water. Make sure there is enough water to cover the tails or whole lobsters. Add lemon, white wine, bay leaves and thyme. Bring water to boil then add lobster cook for 8-12mins depending on size. Strain and place lobsters in cold iced water to stop cooking. When you cut shell you will find the meat is not cooked all the way through this is fine as it cooks off in the oven, this way the meat does not over cook and go rubbery.
- When tails are cold, cut out the under shell and reserve main shell to fill with lobster meat.
- If using whole lobster remove claws from lobster and cut the lobster in half lengthwise. Then remove tail meat and meat from claws, again save body shell for filling later.
- To make sauce.
- Melt butter in a pan and saute shallots and garlic until soft, add sherry cook for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile combine a small amount of water with cornflour to form a paste add and stir until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add both chicken and fish stock, then slowly whisk in milk and both creams turn up the heat slightly so the mixture will come to a boil. Then you will want to turn it down to medium.
- Add Dijon mustard, cayenne and cheeses reserving enough cheese to cover lobster when you put it back in the shell. Stir until all the cheese has melted then add the Parsley stir to combine and finally add the Tarragon again stir to combine.
- Mix lobster meat with sauce, then return meat to shells making sure you stuff them full of meat pour a little sauce over top to cover then top with remaining cheese and sprinkle breadcrumbs over top.
- Place in a pre-heated oven 180c and bake until cheese has melted and top has gone golden brown.
- For a photo visit http://the-best-recipes.blogspot.com/.