1 hr 40 mins
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
Another classic French seafood recipe that's worth keeping. I consider this the baptism of fire to any aspiring cook, while I am not ready for it yet, I will archive it here. This is from Williams-Sonoma Seafood book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, including 4 whole claws if available
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 spring onions, including tender green parts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- fresh ground white pepper
- 1/2 lb white button mushrooms, brushed clean and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups lobster stock (you can also use shrimp stock, fish stock, or chicken stock, or prepared low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F If you have whole claws, remove the meat whole and reserve for garnishing. Cut the lobster meat into 1/2 inch dice and set aside.
- 2In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the green onions and sauté until the white part is translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the diced lobster and sauté until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the brandy, bring to a simmer, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3In a frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Stir in the flour to make a roux and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes; do not let the mixture color. Gradually whisk in the stock. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the half-and-half and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes longer. Stir in the paprika, salt to taste, Tabasco sauce to taste, and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice, or more to taste. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 5Stir the lobster mixture and mushrooms into the white sauce. Spoon the lobster mixture into 4 individual gratin dishes. Sprinkle each with one-fourth of the Parmesan. Place the dishes on a baking sheet and bake until bubbling and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve at once, garnished with the claw meat, if available.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Thermidor
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.1
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 643.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: