From the Southern cookery section of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute, Chicago, 1947. Shrimp would be a delicious substitution for the lobster. Small portions would make an elegant starter for a dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450F and butter small baking dishes (ramekins, baking shells, or lobster shells will also work).
- 2Saute the mushrooms in butter.
- 3Season with the wine; add cream, beaten egg yolks, salt and flour.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly until smooth; add lobster meat.
- 5Place mixture in buttered baking dishes.
- 6Dot with butter, sprinkle with paprika and bread crumbs mixed with cheese.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Thermidor
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.9
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 161.5 mg
- Sodium 256.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: