Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This marinade is easy to prepare and will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. It can be used on shrimp or chicken with similarly tasty results.
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (freshly squeezed, if possible)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) live lobsters
- To prepare the marinade, place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- For the lobster, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place live lobsters into the boiling water and cover tightly.
- Cook 4 or 5 minutes, until the lobster tails are curled and the shells have turned bright red.
- Remove lobsters from water and place in an ice-water bath to halt the cooking process.
- Break off the claws and separate the head from the tail.
- Remove the meat from the tail in one piece by cutting along the soft underside shell to expose the flesh.
- With the back of a knife, lightly crack the shells of the large claws and gently remove meat in one piece.
- Place the lobster tail and claw meat in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To serve, preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Place the marinated lobster meat on a baking sheet and cook for about 4 minutes, until the meat is opaque white and the marinade is slightly browned.