Recipe by GinnyP
From Chef2Chef e-mail. We've made this twice in a short period of time. Delicious!
Top Review by CindiJ
This had to be the best lobster dipping butter ever. Wasn't sure how to cook the tails until this recipe. I used my kitchen shears and made quick work of butterflying the tails. The rest was super easy. I couldn't bare to waste the citrus zest so I did add both the lemon and orange zest to the butter. WOW!! I can't wait to try this butter with crab legs next time! Thanks Ginny for posting a wonderful recipe!
- 4 (4 1/2 ounce) lobster tails
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the lobster tails down the center through the meat but not all the way through the shell.
- Fold over butterfly style.
- Combine remaining ingredients and brush over the meat.
- Put some foil over your grill and place the tails, shell side down on the foil.
- Cook, covered, for about 14-16 minutes until the meat is firm and white.
- Brush occasionally while cooking.
- Loosen the meat slightly before serving and brush one last time with the citrus butter.
- NOTE: We broiled instead of grilled.
- Used a broiling pan with the broiler on low, with the tails about 6 inches from the heat source and watched them the entire time.
- We serve with the remaining citrus butter.
- You may choose to make extra.