carrie sheridan's Note:
The official recipe for the first course entree of Lobster Tails with New England Clam Chowder Sauce served on January 20, 2013 at the luncheon following the second Obama Inauguration
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients except the lobster tails in an 8-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Place lobster tails in another 8-quart pot and carefully pour or scoop out the boiling liquid over the lobster tails. Allow to steam for 6 minutes or so.
- 3Remove the tails from the liquid and place in ice water for 5 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- 4Remove the tails from the ice water and remove lobster meat from the shell.
- 5Cut each lobster tail into 6 large pieces, place in an oven-safe dish and add 2 tablespoons of water to dish and cover with lid or foil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6Reheat lobster at time of service by placing in a 170-degree oven for about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Tails Served at the 2013 Obama Inaugural Luncheon
Serving Size: 1 (1062 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 665.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: