Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The official recipe for the first course entree of Lobster Tails with New England Clam Chowder Sauce served on January 20, 2013 at the luncheon following the second Obama Inauguration
- Combine all ingredients except the lobster tails in an 8-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- Place lobster tails in another 8-quart pot and carefully pour or scoop out the boiling liquid over the lobster tails. Allow to steam for 6 minutes or so.
- Remove the tails from the liquid and place in ice water for 5 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the tails from the ice water and remove lobster meat from the shell.
- Cut each lobster tail into 6 large pieces, place in an oven-safe dish and add 2 tablespoons of water to dish and cover with lid or foil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Reheat lobster at time of service by placing in a 170-degree oven for about 15 minutes.