Recipe by LDSMom128
I've never done lobster before, but after seeing them for such a good price on sale, I couldn't pass them up! I saw different recipes for either steaming or broiling them, but I did both and they turned out fantastic!! I also made the citrus butter and my son said that they tasted much better after being dipped in the butter!
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I really enjoyed the citrus butter with these. I did use a skewer through the lobster when I broiled it so that it didn't curl up too much. Thanks for a simple and tasty keeper. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
- 4 medium sized lobster tails
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, add the water and kosher salt to boil. Add the lobster tails and allow to boil for about 20 minutes and the meat is white and the shells are bright red.
- Remove the tails from the water. I used tongs and they were easy to remove them that way. Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler in your oven.
- Make the citrus butter in a small bowl. The 10 minutes while the lobster cools will allow the flavor to increase!
- Using a very sharp knife or kitchen shears, Cut off the top shell of the tail, exposing the meat. Lay the tails on a baking sheet and brush on the butter.
- Broil for about 6-8 minutes. Watch carefully to not burn!
- Enjoy with the remaining butter.