A family member requested this dish after having it at a restaurant. I experimented in the kitchen and thankfully I wrote everything down I did because it was a huge hit. The sauce is light and perfect for angel hair pasta. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 small lobster tails
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of (3 tbls)
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 scallions, minced (green onions)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked per package instructions
- 1Remove lobster tails from shell and rinse under cold water.
- 2Butterfly each tail by slicing tail down the center, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- 3Spread the tail, and flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- 4Mix eggs, parlsey and black pepper in shallow bowl.
- 5Spread flour on piece of waxed paper.
- 6Melt butter in large heavy skillet (cast iron preferred) with 2 tbls olive oil over low heat.
- 7When butter mixture is hot, lightly flour each side of the tails, then coat each side with egg mixture and place immediately in pan.
- 8Saute lobster approximately 2 minutes each side until lightly brown.
- 9Remove lobster to platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 10Add wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice to pan using wire whisk.
- 11Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue whisking until mixture is reduced by about 1/3.
- 12Add scallions, shallots, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Simmer approximately 5 minutes.
- 14Mix cornstarch with water to dissolve.
- 15Slowly add to sauce, whisking constantly until sauce coats back of spoon.
- 16Place lobster into sauce and heat for a minute or two.
- 17Place cooked angel hair pasta in individual pasta bowls.
- 18Spoon lobster tail and sauce over pasta.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Tail Francaise
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1160.8
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 267.3 mg
- Sodium 341.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: