Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A family member requested this dish after having it at a restaurant. I experimented in the kitchen and thankfully I wrote everything down I did because it was a huge hit. The sauce is light and perfect for angel hair pasta. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 6 small lobster tails
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of (3 tbls)
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 scallions, minced (green onions)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked per package instructions
- Remove lobster tails from shell and rinse under cold water.
- Butterfly each tail by slicing tail down the center, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Spread the tail, and flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- Mix eggs, parlsey and black pepper in shallow bowl.
- Spread flour on piece of waxed paper.
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet (cast iron preferred) with 2 tbls olive oil over low heat.
- When butter mixture is hot, lightly flour each side of the tails, then coat each side with egg mixture and place immediately in pan.
- Saute lobster approximately 2 minutes each side until lightly brown.
- Remove lobster to platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice to pan using wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue whisking until mixture is reduced by about 1/3.
- Add scallions, shallots, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water to dissolve.
- Slowly add to sauce, whisking constantly until sauce coats back of spoon.
- Place lobster into sauce and heat for a minute or two.
- Place cooked angel hair pasta in individual pasta bowls.
- Spoon lobster tail and sauce over pasta.
Excellent! This was easy to do and the taste was fantastic. Thanks!
Really good. I made it exactly like the recipe. Great flavor and not difficult to make.
I wanted something special to make for my new DH for our anniversary and decided this would fit the bill. We sat down to eat and he couldn't shovel it in fast enough! I asked him if he liked it and he snorted and gulped and licked his chops, then proceeded to tell me it's one of the best dishes he has ever had. I would say that's a compliment!! I absolutely loved it so it looks like we will be having it again when lobster goes on sale!