1 hr 21 mins
1 hr 1 min
Papa Hay's Note:
This not only tastes great, but it looks impressive!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Make a lengthwise slit in the middle of the tenderloin, cutting down within 1/2 inch of the bottom.
- 3This should form a pocket big enough to accommodate the two lobster tails.
- 4Place the lobster in boiling salted water (enough water to completely cover tails).
- 5Return to a boil, reduce the heat and then simmer for 5-6 minutes .
- 6Carefully remove the lobster from shell.
- 7Cut in half, lengthwise.
- 8Place the lobster tails end to end inside the beef pocket.
- 9Combine 1 tbsp.
- 10butter and lemon juice.
- 11Pour over the lobster.
- 12Close the meat around the lobster and tie securely with string at 1 inch intervals.
- 13Place the meat on the oven rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 14Bake for 45-50 minutes for rare meat.
- 15(Increase the time if you like your meat cooked more.) Lay the bacon slices on top of the roast.
- 16Bake for 5 minutes more.
- 17In a saucepan, cook green onion in 1/2 cup butter over very low heat until tender, stirring frequently.
- 18Add the wine and garlic salt and heat through.
- 19To serve: Slice the meat and then spoon the sauce over it.
- 20Garnish with fresh mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster-Stuffed Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1122.6
- Calories from Fat 792
- Total Fat 88.0 g
- Saturated Fat 38.8 g
- Cholesterol 307.3 mg
- Sodium 536.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 72.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen lobster tails