Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a chef who taught a gourmet cooking class many years ago. The recipe is from the award winning restaurant "Windows on The Water" which is in Kennebunkport, Maine, not far from President Bush's family compound. I'm sure you could substitute the lobster meat with imitation crab or lobster. Lobster meat is very expensive; around $23.00 per pound.
- Bake the potatoes at 375 for about 1 hour or until center can easily be pierced with a fork. Let potatoes cool until they can be handled without burning yourself.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and remove the pulp and put in a bowl and put aside leaving a potato shell.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan, add onion and cook until translucent.
- Stir in lobster meat and wine, bring to a boil stirring frequently until liquid has evaporated.
- Add sour cream and heavy cream and remove from heat.
- Combine potato pulp, lobster mixture, cheese and scallions making sure everything is combined well.
- Equally stuff the potato shells with mixture.
- Bake at 400F about 30-45 minutes until hot then serve.