1/5 Photos of Lobster Stuffed Beef Tenderloin and Bearnaise Sauce
watching food tv tonight this recipe looked so delicious- i just bought a whole tenderloin today at the Italian market in south Philly, but i had them cut it into fillets for me. I plan to be back there next week, and will have to try this for our holiday party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 rock lobster tail
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 113.39 g pancetta or 113.39 g bacon, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped shallot
- 44.37 ml minced celery
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 113.39 g baby chanterelle mushrooms, stems trimmed and sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml minced green onions
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1587.57 g center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed and butterflied
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Set up a large steamer.
- 3Place the lobster tails in the steamer and steam until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- 4Remove the lobster tails from the steamer.
- 5Cut along the underside of the shell and remove the tail meat whole.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- 8Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until crisp and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes.
- 9Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 10Drain off all but 2 teaspoons of fat from the pan.
- 11Add the shallots and celery and cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes.
- 12Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 13Add the mushrooms and a pinch each of salt and pepper, and cook until the mushrooms give off their liquid, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 14Add the green onions and stir.
- 15Add the wine, increase the heat, and cook until it has nearly all evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 16Add the parsley and stir.
- 17Remove from the heat, stir in the cooked pancetta, and let cool.
- 18Spread the butterflied beef, cut side up, flat on a surface.
- 19Spread the pancetta-vegetable mixture in a line across the meat, about 2 inches from the top, leaving a 1/2-inch border on the sides.
- 20Lay the lobster tails on top of the mixture, going across the beef.
- 21Pull the top flap over the lobster tails and roll the meat over the stuffing, jellyroll fashion, and tuck in the ends.
- 22Tie with kitchen twine every 2 inches.
- 23Place in a large heavy roasting pan, rub on all sides with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 24Place over medium-high heat and sear the meat on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- 25Place in the oven and roast to desired temperature, 30 to 35 minutes for medium-rare.
- 26Transfer to a cutting board.
- 27Tent and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- 28while beef is resting make the Bearnaise sauce:.
- 29In a small saucepan, combine the shallots, tarragon, white wine, and vermouth.
- 30Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons.
- 31Remove from the heat, strain, and cool.
- 32In the top of a double boiler, or in a metal bowl fitted over a pot of barely simmering water, whisk the egg yolks and reduced wine until ribbons start to form.
- 33Whisking constantly, drizzle in the melted butter a bit at a time until all the butter is added and the mixture is thick.
- 34Remove from the heat.
- 35Whisk in the lemon juice, chopped tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- 36Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- 37Cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- 38To serve, place in a decorative bowl with a small sauce ladle.
- 39Remove the kitchen twine and slice thickly.
- 40Place on a platter, and drizzle with the Bearnaise Sauce.
- 41Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Stuffed Beef Tenderloin and Bearnaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.6
- Calories from Fat 567
- Total Fat 63.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 321.9 mg
- Sodium 257.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 41.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rock lobster tail
fresh tarragon leaves